twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Knee Popped out and In?

I was sparring in Brazilian Jiujitsu and my opponent was going for some sort of ankle lock (both of us don't even know what he was attempting.) Somehow this completely painlessly caused my knee to shift out of place. I didn't notice it at all until after I choked him out, made him tap and went to stand. I was unable to extend it more than about 1/3 of the way without a good bit of a pain. I fell into a wall to break my fall, sat for a while hoping it would go away and eventually extended my knee (ow) using my arms. I heard a pop and the pain magically dissapeared and all was well. I haven't gone to sleep yet, but I'm expecting problems tomorrow. Should I be worried about it? There's no pain at all besides some VERY SLIGHT soreness which I notice occasionally. The entire incident wasn't that painful.
Answer:
I don't know what kind of damage that may have caused if any.I'd love to tell you that if it doesn't hurt then don't treat it, but it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to make an appointment with a sports medicine doctor and make sure.For the soreness take an anti-inflammatory like aspirin or ibuprofen (Advil), but not both. One or the other as they can interfere with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net