twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Knee pain/aches?

I'm 25, I recently joined a parent cheerleading team and was lifted in a stunt, when I heard my knee pop. This was a week ago. Now my knee is swollen and aching. It aches when it's bent, straight, propped up, and while I'm resting. I'm thinking maybe I dislocated it. Should I go to a doctor, or could I save a co-pay and try a home remedy? Please help.
Answer:
See the doctor right away...the co-pay is nothing compared to what problems could happen if this is serious.
GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! Knees are not something you want to mess with at your young age. It's likely to be a life long issue if you don't take care of it asap. If you want to continue to be the active mom you seem to be, you should really have someone look at it and make sure they take xrays. I broke a bone in my foot 7 years ago in college, it was only diagnosed as a broken bone after 6 years and all it would have taken is an xray to determine the issue. Now it is unrepairable. I would hate for the same thing to happen to you, especially if you have children.
Trust me knee is nothing you want to be having games with. For now, make an appointment with your doctor and try to stay off that knee. Elevate it at night and ice it for at least 20 mins each day. If the pain gets really bad, take some Advil for the pain. However, get that appointment with your doctor ASAP.You don't want to end up like me with 4 knee surgeries...on the exact same knee!Good luck
Yep, you should see a MD. Preferably an Orthopedic Surgeon unless your insurance requires you to see a primary care physican first.You didn't dislocate your knee. Trust me, once you've seen one you would know. My bet would be a cartilage injury, but you also have to be concerned about a ligament tear.Ice and elevation until you can get seen.
Please Please don't mess with knee pain! You've got to take care of them! I'm only 37 and am at home right now recovering from my second knee surgery. Go see your doctor before it's too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net