twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Just started Topamax for Migraines Monday, & taking at night & it's keeping me awake, so took it this morning-

I just started taking Topamax Monday, which took in the day, which knocked me out, then woke up around 1 a.m. %26 took another to get on the schedule like they say, take one at night the first week, two the second week ect., but, the second night I took it, which was Tues, and then Wed, it's been keeping me up, so I took it this morning, Thursday, and I've been wired all day, do I still take one tonight again, or not, I can't get the hotline on the phone for the medicine or my dr., should I just not take it tonight and call my dr. in the morning or go on and take it tonight? Also, my migraines arn't as bad, but, are still havig which I know it takes around a month to work fully, so I called my dr. the next day and asked for the meds for migraines that work instantly when you get one, %26 the nurse wouldn't even listen to me, %26 told me, that I had to give the medicine time to work and wait it out, made an appointment w/the neurologist, but, it's a mo. off, what do I do? Noone will help me
Answer:
I am amazed that it keeps you awake. Topamax is often referred to as dopeamax. It puts most people in a fog to a stuper! I had personal experience with it when I used to have seizures, for that purpose it was worthless!
My suggestion is do not listen to any GP or neurologist! Find a neurologist that special izes in this field. If they won't talk to you, find another. Your other choice is check the MAYO Clinic website(MAYOClinic.com) and you will be able to find information on migraines as they are leading the nation in studies on this and othe neurological issues such as seizures etc. I know this first hand as I am a patient at MAYO and have been two and a half years seizure free without any meds, since the brain surgery! You have to experience MAYO...it's like no medical place on earth.they actually listen to the patien, and treat the entire person... what a novel concept! Eric. Reached at TheRckyMntns@aol.com
I also just started taking it. 100mg. I'm taking at night. I feel like a zombie! Maybe it's not the topamax keeping you up. I don't know. I have a hard time staying awake at night. These side effects are suppose to stay around for 8 weeks.
I would not stop taking them at all. I took this drug 5 years ago, and it's worth taking. It did help the migraines. I only stopped,because I got pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net