twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Knee Pain Help?

Hello i am 15 years old about to turn 16 i am 6 foot 1 and i have pain in my left knee it has been occuring for about 2 weeks, i have been playing lots of sports like 2 hours a day of bball and i noticed that my left knee is swollow on the bottom portion can someone tell my why this is happening and oh yeah it hurts when i bend it,
Answer:
I always answer people' knee questions on here as I just had my 13th surgery so I am a seasoned knee injury veteran. And I will tell you what I tell everyone else. See an orthopedic (bone and joint) doctor. He/she will discuss your symptoms with you and take xrays and an mri scan. The xrays will probably show nothing, but the mri will give you your answers. The knee is a very complicated joint with 4 main ligaments and tons of cartilage including the meniscus. People on ByeDr.com will give you their best guess and say "I had the same thing!" but you will never know without getting images of your knee taken. I am very knowledgeable on the subject, but I wouldn't begin to tell you what is going on without looking at images of your knee. I started having knee pain at age 12 and I am 25 now. So please, see a doctor and get it checked out.the earlier the better.you do not want to be like me and have 13 surgeries and huge scars...trust me. Good luck to you.
You are over using your muscles. That's why you have so much pain and swelling. You need to take a break and not do any sports for a few days. Place Ice packs on the knee for ten minutes several times a day. This is going to help take down the inflammation. You can also buy Advil at your local drug store and take this three times a day to help bring down the inflammation. if this still continues after a few days you need to see your medical doctor. If you have any further questions please let me know,
Billie77
have a sports medicine doc check it out. don't play around with your knees.no pun intended :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net