twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

I've been having migrains for years.?

I have been to every doctor in town it seems .I have been on all kinds of meds also but nothing seems to work .
Is there a prevenative that will help . What can I do to keep the pain away?
Answer:
I'm in the same boat. And finally my Dr. sent me to a neurologist. And put me on a Medication called Topamax. Which is a Migraine Preventative medication. This is the best thing that i'm so grateful for! Your PCP Could provide it for your maybe but only to a certain dosage. But if you go to a neurologist they could give you the correct dosage that you need and if you need a higher one. Topamax works for me but there is other ones out their.I've tried looking into what I was eating and yes it does work to look at that. Even healthy stuff like Banana's, olives can cause migraines. Not just junkfood like most people think.
Divorce:)
dont eat so much fatass...
Magnetic cranial stimulation - new device that may stop the onset of a migraine before it gets overwhelming. It hasn't been around long, so your doctors might not even know it exists. It looks something like a hand-held electronic massager.
Hi there, I was in the same boat as you, and I went to a Neurosurgeon and had an MRI done...he finally put me on a medication called Topomax (100mg a day) that I take at night, and I have had only one migrane since i've been taking them. I used to have migranes almost daily before I started taking it. I highly suggest going to your doctor and seeing if they can prescribe this for you and hope that this works for you. Good luck!
Imitrex is only for the severe migranes and my neurosurgeon only prescribed that for me for the really bad ones.
watch your diet.chocolate is a trigger for migraines..try do some reading on the subject and natural ways of dealing with it.
There are some meds that can be taken daily to stave off frequent migraines. I believe Imitrex is one. Talk to your Dr. Have you ever tried making a trigger diary? Sometimes migraines are caused by outside triggers - sometimes foods. Aged cheeses, red wine, even chocolate, and some preservatives are thought to be triggers for sensitive people.
You didn't mention if you have been to a chiropractor. I feel a chiropractor can best deal with your migraine Pain without using drugs. I've enclosed a link to a web site where you can find a qualified chiropractor in your area.
Please look into what you are eating.
For me, I have to stay away from anything with MSG..
Chips, Cup a noodle soups, certain chinese foods and so much more.
Some people can't eat chocolate for the same reasons.
Good luck,
Try to make a list of all the medications you've taken. I can't tell you how many times I've heard somebody say they seem to have tried everything when they have yet to try any of several major classes of drugs. There are several preventative medications available. Cardiovascular drugs like propanolol ( a beta-adrenergic blocker) and verapamil (a calcuim-channel blocker) sometimes work. Some anti-depressants are useful, as are some drugs more typically used to treat seizures. A good review of the medications you've tried and working with one physician who's skilled at treating migraines will probably give you decent results with time. Hopping from one doctor to another you should avoid as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net