twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Joint pain at 16?

I'm 16 and a dancer. I've been dancing for 8 years and want to be a professional. In november of '06,I started noticing that my knees would ache when I bend them. after a show in december, it was so bad that It hurt to walk. I dont want to ignore it anymore, becuz if I do, there goes my career, and it can affect my ability to walk as I get older. I don't want it to get any worse, so what should I do?
I was gonna talk to my doctor, but does anyone know any easier, home remedies I could use or something?
Answer:
You really should talk with doctor about it. There may be something that they can do to help fix the pain or help slow the progression of the pain. I was able to have surgery on my knee to relieve the pain (although my body reacted so badly to the surgery, that the side effects were probably worse than the relief of knee pain that I got). I'm 14 and have arthritis and other joint problems so it's not super unusual to see joint pain at a young age; I'm a figure skater which has been hard on my joints which dancing could do too.
Definitely speak with your doctor about this, this is far too much pain to ignore . until you see your doctor take hot bathes using 2c. of Epsom salts, this will relax the muscles and help with the pain. Also take an anti inflammatory medication such as Advil, three times daily. Best wishes
for peace of mind, go see an orthopedist first. He'd be in the best position to inform you
you may just need to make your legs stronger

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net