twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

I've had a wrist operation a few days ago. Is there any side-effects from this operation?

I've had a metal implant on my right wrist (radius bone) done a few days ago. Now there's swelling and discolouration around the area of the operation wound and it hurts. Is it normal? Is it part of the side effects? I didnt feel any numbness though.
Answer:
hi-I had exactly the same operation. It takes time. Use Naperson to ease the pain and decrease swelling. Try to work it as much as possible. Swelling and discoloration is very normal. I had my operation 3 years ago, it still hurts. Listen to your doctor. I found that hot water soaks in Epson salts helped. Don't baby it, use it, how PT tells you to. It will feel better. When its cold or rainy, it will hurt. It will take time. Be patient. Best regards-Bob.
This is normal. It's the result of the operation.
Without seeing it I can't tell you if it's normal or not.
But because the skin is cut and aggrevated it will get red and swell a bit.I had a Neurostimualtion battery put in and replaced later and each time it got red, itchy and swollen. Which is normal.Unless it starts weeping. Getting extremely red and angry looking. And looking yuck enough for you too really worry I would just wait and see. If it does do these other things get to the Doc ASAP as an infection has set in and/or an allergic reaction to the metal.Keep it dry and clean. If it has a waterproof dressing, make sure it is well sealed and not leaking. If it does leak after a shower change the dressing for a new sterile one. Wash your hands before this and afterwards. You may have to get someone to help you.Take some analgesia for the pain. And keep an eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net