twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

I've had achilles & peroneal tendinitis for 6 months now.?

I've had tendinitis of my achilles %26 peroneal tendons for 6.5 months now. I have done almost everything for it...Physical therapy, exercises/stretching, custom orthodics, pain medication, anti-flammatory meds, ceasing activity (other than walking and standing, which I've severely limited to only things that are necessary). I've gotten xrays, but my podiatrist doesn't want to do an MRI...only as a last resort. It is still so painful and nothing will help it heal. I will have my custom orthodics for 9 weeks on June 1st, which is when I have my second followup with my doctor for progress with the orthodics. Does anyone have any suggestions that might work? Or am I to the point where I may need an MRI, surgery, or immobilization? (It's in both feet). thanks,
Frustrated
Answer:
I would say that you are at the point of "last resort." If your doctor has made you go through all that and does not want an MRI to rule our possible tears or other anomalies, then get a new doctor. You've been through the gammut of conservative care...time to find out what's REALLY wrong.
Are you compliant with treatment by the physical therapist? Is the PT you are seeing specialized in orthopedics? If you are compliant and getting good treatment an MRI may be warranted. You always have the option of seeking a second opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net