twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Knee pain.?

I was walking and I felt a popping in my knee. I had some pain but could walk on it. The next couple days the pain isn't as bad but it is not getting better. No history of trauma never had any pain or problems with my knees before. I bend my knees a lot at work but there was no warning sign. I wasn't twisting or bending when it happened. Any exercises anyone know that might help? Any idea what it sounds like?
Answer:
I always answer people' knee questions on here as I just had my 13th surgery so I am a seasoned knee injury veteran. And I will tell you what I tell everyone else. See an orthopedic (bone and joint) doctor. He/she will discuss your symptoms with you and take xrays and an mri scan. The xrays will probably show nothing, but the mri will give you your answers. The knee is a very complicated joint with 4 main ligaments and tons of cartilage including the meniscus. People on ByeDr.com will give you their best guess and say "I had the same thing!" but you will never know without getting images of your knee taken. I am very knowledgeable on the subject, but I wouldn't begin to tell you what is going on without looking at images of your knee. So please, see a doctor and get it checked out.the earlier the better.you do not want to be like me and have 13 surgeries and huge scars...trust me. Good luck to you.
If its tendinitis you should relax on you exercises.Usually that helps a lot 4 pains any where.
It sound like you probly over extended it, sometimes just stretching your leggs in the AM will cause this.I agree you should take it as easy as posibul for a few days. You might even try some advil for the slight pain.That may even help you relax it for a few days. Oh and I almost forgot. those warming patches work so so well.I would just get a cheep pack of them and wear them on and off for a few days.Hope it getts to felling better soon!
if u have swelling u need to see a doctor or warm pak or cool and meds. for the pain and swelling rest and light duties

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Dr. Ajay Kumar Advpainmd Medical Center, our pain management doctors understand that chronic pain is a Knee Arthritis Pain complex condition that affects the whole person, body, mind and soul of the target and treat the source of your chronic pain that will help you achieve long-term stable for help.

    ReplyDelete

 
vc .net