twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

I've had a burnt tougne for more than a week now?

I've been avoiding hot foods but nothing has helped and I think it just got worst. I drank hot coffee when it first started. Should it take this long to heal?
Answer:
A week is a long time. Usually the mouth is fast healing. I've burnt the roof of my mouth before with a hot slice of pizza and had a really bad irritation from my toothpaste on the burn. You might stop using your usual toothpaste for a couple of days and just use baking soda and water to brush your teeth. Apply some ice to your tongue as well and take an anti-inflammatory like Tylenol or Advil if you are able. Avoid spicy and acidic foods...however I wouldn't let this persist much longer. The mouth is very sensitive and you don't want to develop more irritation or an infection. Try the suggested remedies for a couple of days, but see a doctor if things don't improve.
Cells on your tongue take a very long time to heal. You shouldn't be worried. If you really believe that it's that bad, go to a doctor and check it out. Im sure everything is ok though
see your doctor
Yeah, taste buds cycle out frequently, so it should be gone in a couple more days. Just be patient - I remember once I burned my tongue very badly on hot chicken pot pie and felt it for about two weeks.
Try holding ice on it.Sip ice waterdrink milk

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net