twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Just miserable!! does any one have any good tips on weight loss?

I am 5'4 and weigh 150 pounds. I have never ever weighed this much, not even when i was pregnant. I want to get down to get down to atleast135 by mid. july My goal is to get down to 115- 120.i would realy need to atleast make 135 by mid july but the closer to my end goal the better. I know that is alot but I feel miserable, and I get easily dicouraged when I don't loss it. I have four kids and am in school now so I have gained since I have been in school. I need to start NOW, I am getting the mom butt and belly, please help!!!!
Answer:
Exercise! Of course you are probably all ready doing that but it is easy to slip nowadays with so manyconveniences at our fingertips. Following is some info from a site that I have found very helpful for dietary recommendations. "Dietary tips for combating obesity: * Eat more fiber. Fiber gives you a satiated feeling, helping you to curb food cravings. It also keeps your colon healthy, and aids in proper digestion. Research has shown that obesity puts you at higher risk for colorectal cancer, primarily due to a low-fiber, high-calorie, processed food diet. Incorporate ground flax seed in smoothies, soups, and favorite cereals to increase your fiber intake.
* Skip the low-fat food products. Most of the low-fat, processed foods in grocery stores are typically high-carb foods that are loaded with sugar, salt, artificial sweeteners, and synthetic fat substitutes. Many of these ingredients cause weight gain, rather than reduce it. Read more about food ingredients.
* Add virgin coconut oil to your diet. The natural saturated fat in virgin coconut oil can help stabilize blood sugar levels, facilitate proper thyroid function, and aid in weight loss.
* Eat more vegetables and fruits. Not only are they a good source of fiber, but they contain many naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, and amino acids necessary for maintaining optimal health and weight. Watch out for fruit juices, they often contain added sugars that can increase your calorie intake dramatically. Opt for water, or diluted fruit juice (three quarters water and one quarter juice).
* Don鈥檛 skip breakfast. Fasting activates the starvation response, slowing your metabolism and increasing the chances that excess fat will be stored to fuel your nutrient-depleted body. Studies now show that women who eat cereal for breakfast maintained their weight better than those who skipped breakfast. The plus of whole grain cereal is that it is a low-calorie, fiber-rich food.3 Obese people tend to lack necessary fiber in their diets.
* Eat frequent meals. Eating five to six small meals throughout the day helps to speed up your metabolism. On the other hand, eating large meals only once or twice a day will actually slow down your metabolism."http://www.jigsawhealth.com/articles/obe...
Cardio!! An intense 5 day a week routine.. not necessarily running just anything to get your heart pumping and you sweating up a storm. Also no fried food. WHAT SO EVER!!
1. NO soda not even diet. water and juice only ;]
2. no meat. meat contains fat.
3. no sugars.
4. excercise.
this was the diet i was put on not long ago.
it sucks like crazy, but works if you stick to it.
you can try slimfast, except it leaves me hungry all the time and I don't really lose weight. But I don't gain weight on it, and that's something. Good Luck!
exercise a lot and drink water
I've been trying a new product called Integritea. So far it seems to be working and i'm not doing a strict diet. You have to get it on the web. I think it is the name integritea.com. You just make the tea and drink it am and pm. Hope this helps.
I really believe that the key to sustainable weight loss is finding a program that fits your body and that you can stick with for a lifetime.I lost 40lbs 4 years ago (am 5'4 and was 175lbs) and have kept most of it off by doing the Atkins Diet. After loosing the initial weight, I went more toward just not having white flour, sugar and potatoes which has worked. I find that if I stay away from sugar, I don't have cravings and if I eat lots of veggies, I am not hungry.
I would have to agree completely with Crystalbear's answers. I was involved in a weight management class and I lost 18 lbs in 6 weeks. I kept a food diary and calculated my calories needed to loose weight and stuck to it. I have completely given up soda and primarily drink water or crystal light (lemonade and fruit punch are the best.) I have increased fruits and veggies and the fruits have helped tremendously with the cravings for sweets. Good luck.
Dawn
Stop eating carbs-
Don't eat potatoes, bread, pasta, rice, cereal, dairy %26 fruit.
Try that for just 2 days. You'll have to get creative and buy lots of stir fry veggies, egg beaters, vegs- fish %26 chicken.
Your appetite should "die down" and your energy should shoot up.
Prove it to yourself...if you're not starving, you can eat moderately and lose weight.
Good Luck,
Patti
PS: Turn on your 1000 watt smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net