twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

I've had my ears pierced for over six weeks but i tried to change them & one closed up. What should I do?

Basically I got my ears pierced six and a bit weeks ago and I tried to change the earings on Friday when I was going out and in a hurry. I got as far as taking one out but then when I tried to put the new one in it didn't want to go (even though this was two seconds later and I'd changed one of them a few days earlier just to see what it looked like with little difficulty).I didn't have time to fiddle about so left it %26 since then I keep trying to put it back in but it won't go %26 now a pus-y lump has formed. Do you think I should just jam it in because sometimes I can get it half way? This is the second time I've had my ears done - the first time I had to let them close because one of them got badly infected (the same one I'm having problems with now). Do you think I should go back to the place I had them done or try to do it myself? I don't want to leave it much longer because it obviously closes up a bit more each day and it's already been 4 days. Any help would be appreciated!
Answer:
Let it heal then get it re-pierced. You should wait at least 8 weeks before changing jewelry, longer is better. Never try to force jewerly into a piercing, you'll end up with scar tissue (most likely that's what the bump is) Give it about 2 months to heal, then go to a pro and get it done again.
I would defiantly go back to the place that you had them done and get their advice. If you have had to let them close up in the past then it might be that your ears are just not happy with being pierced.
If you have a pus filled lump then it sounds like they are getting infected already. Try bathing them with salt water or an antiseptic like tcp to prevent them becoming any worse.Hope they are ok in the end x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net