twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lidoderm? Any good?

I wanted to know if anyone has tried Lidoderm? Is it any good? Is it strong? Does it produce a eurpohic[high] feeling? Thanks
Answer:
Lidoderm is a topical anesthetic. That means it numbs your skin. It does absolutely nothing else. It certainly does not produce a "high" feeling. It's just lidocaine in a patch form (a form of the stuff the dentist uses to numb your mouth before a filling).Is it good? That depends on what you're using it for. It was very good for me because I have RSD/CRPS, which makes my skin hypersensitive to touch. I doubt that Lidoderm helps muscle aches or bone pain. It only works on the surface.My only problem with Lidoderm was the size of the patches and the difficulty of keeping them where I wanted them at all times. I wore several at a time usually, and they didn't always stay where they were placed.That said, they were definitely better than nothing. They made it so I could wear a sock on my left foot.
I could not tell any difference when I used them. You definately don't feel high. I say take some otc motrin and rest whatever hurts you'll feel fine soon enough.
They worked fairly well for me, but because of my severe sensitivity to touch ( I have Complex Regional Pain Syndrome CRPS/RSD) taking them off was so painful that I stopped using them. They do not make you really feel "high" They just make the area that you place the patch on numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net