twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Left groin pain?

I have pain in the left groin area. and my bladder is lowering
sometimes this pain goes to my left thigh to knee area in the back. but mostly goes to my hip area.I have had a hysterectomy 3 years ago. I just went to the doc. who has referred me to a surgeon for a hernia. This pain sometimes goes away but has been constant for about 8 months now
someone else suggested a herniated disk. and then said to never ever have back surgery. I am scared and in terrible pain
any suggestions
Answer:
I'm so sorry you're going through so much pain. First off you have to find out exactly what is wrong. Try not to let other people scare you with their horror stories of terrible surgeries. With severe pain you have to get to the cause. A hernia operation is not the same as having back surgery. There are new techniques being used in hernia surgery and I have heard that people are recovering and feeling much better because of the new techniques. My biggest suggestion is first find out what you have. Talk everything over with your doctor and express your fears. That's the best thing you can do for the moment. Once you find out what's wrong you can post another question here. Good luck,
Billie
It kind of sounds like it might be a herniated disc. Try lying on your stomach and then extended you arms, lifting your chest off the floor while keeping your hips on the ground like this:
http://www.easyvigour.net.nz/fitness/h_m...If that relieves the pain, then the odds are good it's a herniated disc. If so, makean appointment to see a spine surgeon, who can give you a better idea if you might need surgery or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net