twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lasik eye surgery?

Has anyone ever had lasik eye surgery. I want to do it as i am blind as a bat and the money isn't an issue. I am just scared that something will go wrong and i will end up blind or something. Has anyone ever had problems with lasik eye surgery?
Answer:
I was about 20/250 before Lasik surgery last year. The procedure was painless, probably due to the Valium they gave me. The ride home (as a passenger, of course) was fairly uncomfortable, mainly due to light sensitivity. The doctor gave me dark goggles, but the light was still too bright. I was in some pain once I got home (maybe 3 hours post procedure), but I had some left over Vicodin, and took two doses of that. The Vicodin took the edge off. Slept fine that night. Woke up the next morning, and I COULD SEE FINE! Hallelujah! I was jazzed up about that. I drove myself to my one day check up (an 2 hour round trip) with no problems. For that check up, I was seeing at 20/25, less than 24 hours after the surgery. I went to work that afternoon (doing ultrasound which really requires you to use your eyes). For my one week check up, I was seeing between 20/20 and 20/15. Other than the touch of pain I had post procedure, before I went to bed for the night, I had no other problems. I would do it again in a heartbeat! Just one other thing.I went to a doctor who used computerized, lazer equipment. No knives were involved. But, it cost me a pretty penny. I paid $5500 total for both eyes, but I was not comfortable going to a doctor that advertized in the newpaper for $500 per eye. Sometimes you get what you pay for! Good luck to you!
my cousin has
Have I had it? Yup.
Problems? Nope.
Do problems ever occur? Yes, of course...but they are rare.I loved getting rid of the contact lenses...had it done about 5 years ago and still am happy I did it.
I had the same fears when deciding to have LASIK, I mean they are your EYES! But, it was the BEST money I ever spent. Little things like being able to read your alarm clock or being able to swim without worrying if you are going to lose a contact! I used LASIK Plus and I was very happy with them. You can pay a little extra and if your eyes ever get worse, you can go in for a touch up. Like I said, best investment ever, you will not regret it!
Had it done about 4 yrs ago. The best money I ever spent. Too be able to ditch the contacts for good was priceless. Before you do it just make sure you research the office you are thinking of doing it at, When I did it I researched the different places %26 went for the best reputation. It cost a bit more, but it gives you piece of mind. Some people get one eye done at a time. Most do both at the same time; that's up to you. I have had NO Problems at all. Good Luck with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net