twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Knot on inner elbow?

My husband told me he has a knot on his inner elbow. He said it has been there probably 7-10 years. He said it started out hard like a little b.b. or pebble. He noticed today that it has gotten a little bigger and soft around it. He said if he messes with it, it gets tender. He said he has had an elbow injury in the past. We are making him a doctors appointment to get it checked but I am worried. Does anyone know what it sounds like?
Answer:
Could be spinal fluid coming through the joint. My mom had one of those on her wrist and had to have it removed. If it's still liquid the Dr will just insert a needle and suck the junk out. If it's hardened the Dr will have to perform surgery to have it removed.Best of luck to your husband. I hope he feels better soon!
Probably epicondylitis or a ganglion cyst. I would have an m.d., preferably a bone doc, check him out.I had a ganglion cyst removed, it was in no biggie. I'm a huge wuss and I can tell you it was nothing really.He'll be fine, but he should see an orthopedist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net